feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

THAILAND AND HER DAUGHTERS - PART 1

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

One women to another woman threading the small hairs off her face. Amazing dexterity and the speed is something else!
Chinatown
, Bangkok
All Rights Reserved

Thailand. A place in my heart. Love it. Love what it stands for and could breathe it in every day. Bangkok and Hua Hin are the places for me. On every Bangkok street there is a myriad of food, drink, shops and anything you could possible want. Hua Hin on the other hand provides the calm and tranquillity Bangkok could only dream of.

One of the many street markets in Chinatown. Go down this street and you walk the maze of smaller streets off of this one. Deep breath and away you go...Chinatown, Bangkok
All Rights Reserved

If you need it, you can get it in Bangkok. Not necessary the original but you will get it if you look in the right places. The place, to me, is on the go 24 hours a day and everyone seems as though they need to get something done. A veritable ants nest of people movement perfectly choreographed.

Another back street in Chinatown and I come across this open house. By open I mean no front door just an alley leading into their kitchen. This wasn't a restaurant either, just a house with no door.
Chinatown
, Bangkok
All Rights Reserved

Nothing sits still for too long, in fact Bangkokians do rest a lot throughout the day but they have most probably been up since 4.30am and don't stop until 9pm, when they sleep again. The remainder are still going until 2am or thereabouts.

Market trader on main road called Ramkhamhaeng. Just wrapping up a deal which took about 10 minutes to close. I think this shot captures a look of relief on his face. It was for a set of suitcases you understand
Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok

All Rights Reserved

An old Thai man in Chinatown looking more worn out than me. After an hour walking the narrow streets the heat and closeness gets to a western boy like me.
Chinatown
, Bangkok
All Rights Reserved

I have family in Bangkok and travel out there quite a bit. I also have the good fortune to see Bangkok from a 'non-tourist' point of view and see the real attitude and personality of city folk, which is 100 times more polite and 1,000 times less angry than London. In London you walk down most streets and hear shouting, anger, frustration - over in Bangkok you are what you are and if you are angry then you channel it elsewhere at home or look for enlightenment somewhere. That somewhere may be a food stall as they take food very, very seriously, which is extremely good for my poong yai (big belly). My wife may think differently though.

A taxi bike rider - men who give lifts to the public on mopeds - taking a well earned food break. The noodles looked good too.
Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok

All Rights Reserved

Down a back street in Chinatown I catch this kid thinking about life. I was there for a good five minutes and he didn't move an inch. He may have stayed there all day long...
Chinatown
, Bangkok
All Rights Reserved

Hua Hin is about 2 to 3 hours in a car south west of Bangkok and is a royal seaside resort. Very quiet but still fantastic food and two of the best hotels I have stayed in - Anantara and Sofitel. Hua Hin is the King's resort and as such has resisted development like Koh Samui and Phuket. It has the right balance of everything and a fantastic beach to walk along too.

A truly amazing house on Hua Hin beach. If I could retire here with my wife I would. Stunning. And Hua Hin is beautiful too.
Hua Hin Beach, Hua Hin

All Rights Reserved

So these are just some of my pictures in my collection and most were taken about 2 years ago; I do need to take more when I visit again this year. They will be of an alternative Bangkok, through my eyes so not every photo will be of the typical Thailand scene. I don't want to go through the same old Thailand guff about where this is and where to go but I will share my thoughts on why I took them and any stories worth telling.

An assault on the senses. There were hundreds of shops like this throughout Chinatown selling crisps and sweets and other Chinese/Thai goodies. Didn't buy anything though, the Thai food does it for me.
Chinatown, Bangkok

All Rights Reserved

Once I have increased my collection then more will be posted. Much like the London pages I will update the Thailand ones when I can.

I love this shot of a lone goal in the grounds of an international school in Bangkok. This was before a huge redevelopment of the school so I don't know whether it is still there. I will find out later on in the year though.
Traill International School, Bangkok

All Rights Reserved

So as with the London blog please enjoy my images and take in the kick and pleasure that Thailand provides.
Quite beautiful.




0 comments:

Post a Comment