feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

HERMAN LEONARD - JAZZ MASTERPIECES

Labels: , , , , , ,

Buddy Rich, NYC, 1954

Known primarily for his photographs of jazz musicians and singers throughout the 1940's, 50's and 60's.
It was his skill with lighting and exposure times that made the images stand out for me. Much like a well made bronze statue I feel the images could come to life at any moment.

Art Blakey, Club Saint Germaine, Paris, 1958

They had movement and attitude like no other. And remember, these pictures were taken over 50 years ago when film was king and the darkroom the nerve centre.

Sarah Vaughan, Birdland, NYC, 1949


Quincy Jones, NYC, 1955

If ever I could go back in time these pictures would be my first port of call. Herman Leonard has captured something that I have not experienced but can imagine a lot easier thanks to his images.




0 comments:

Post a Comment