feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

OFFICE TRIPTYCH

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

From my travels around The Barbican Centre I shot a series of images focussing on an office block. The Barbican has a number of skywalk's or raised walkways and offer a great view into the many office buildings that hug its outer skin.

Barbican Office 1 (2009)
(click on image for larger size)
All Rights Reserved

When I returned home I thought these images would do well as, what I call, passing-by pictures. Somewhere like a hallway or a walk-thru from room to room. Interesting when looked at for a brief moment out of the corner of ones eye but also has the ability to offer that something else when studied deliberately.

Barbican Office 2 (2009)
(click on image for larger size)
All Rights Reserved

I have put these images in order and separated to give an individual view. The last shot, a composite/triptych of the three, shows this brief capture in time - about 10 seconds - and provides a certain animation to any story you care to conjure up about the office workers. My favourite being the stretching man on the fifth floor.

Barbican Office 3 (2009)
(click on image for larger size)
All Rights Reserved

My camera is still in the 10mp(megapixels) range and many photographers put an issue on pixel size and state that image quality doesn't matter between 10, 12 or even 24mp's. But in my mind the last shot, the triptych, would look fantastic blown up to about 4 foot high and 6 to 7 foot long within a large room. This however does require a larger pixel count preferrably going into the medium-format 39, 50 even 60 mp range (see my earlier post). The aroma and clout would be lost if I blew these up from a mere 10mp.

Barbican Office Triptych (2009)
(click on image for larger size)
All Rights Reserved

But the mind is powerful and if you look long enough at the shot, create your own story(s) and transfer to an imaginary wall then I think you will be suitably impressed. I certainly was even if I say it myself...




0 comments:

Post a Comment